Giving good news during a review is easy, but how can managers and talent pros take the sting out of constructive feedback?
As a vendor of performance management software for the last 14 years, we speak to dozens of HR pros every day to discuss their performance review pains and challenges. No matter how it’s worded, we have found that ALL headaches are caused by deficiencies in one of 3 categories – the 3 main P’s of performance management: Purpose, People and Process.
One of the most fundamental and difficult parts of management (and HR) is how we do performance management. As I’ve written about for years, this is a highly strategic process in companies and it has gone through a huge transformation. What used to be an annual year-end appraisal has now become a whole plethora of new practices falling into a new category we call “continuous.”
Learn how to optimize employee performance at your organization. Download this paper to learn:
– in-depth research on why traditional performance management practices are faltering
– insights on how to improve performance management
– the expectations that today’s employees have regarding their workplaces
– how organizations should create a culture of performance development
– why and how managers can shift from being a boss to being a coach